Aerodrums is an air-drumming instrument. It runs on your computer and understands your drumming intent by watching you drum through a high speed camera.
The great drum product has been developed to commercialize tools for drummers. Their main project is Aerodrums, a new kind of ‘drum kit’ that we dare say is pretty revolutionary. Aerodrums fits in a backpack, feels and sounds as good as a real drum kit, can be silent to others around you, and is affordable. We also produce Aered, a “what you see is what you get” music notation editor for drums that evolved from the live transcription feature of an early Aerodrums prototype.
- Virtually silent
Expressiveness, realism and extensibility.
Aerodrums uses a subset of the Natural Drum Kit sample library, providing very high quality sound and expressiveness on par with a real drum kit.
For example, Aerodrums supports 16 different levels of openness for the hi-hats and uses as many as 58 different sound samples for a given openness level, per hand. Aerodrums uses different samples for the dominant and non-dominant hand.
You can point Aerodrums to your own sample collections to create new drums or cymbals to include in your drum kits. Aerodrums can also output MIDI notes as you drum, enabling you to trigger any MIDI compatible sampler (e.g. VST instruments such as Toontrack’s Superior Drummer), as well as record what you drum straight into a Digital Audio Workstation.
Here is a detailed list of the drums, cymbals and percussion that are sampled in the subset of the Natural Drum Kit library that Aerodrums uses:
- Snares: Yamaha Peter Erskine Signature Model, 10 x 4 and Pearl Masters “All Maple”, 12 x 7.
- Kick drums: Gretsch USA Maple, 20 x 16 and Gretsch USA Maple, 14 x 11 floor tom, positioned and played as a kick.
- Hi-hats: UFIP 13″ “Bionic Series”
- Splashes: UFIP 8″ and 12″ “Natural Series” splashes.
- Crashes: UFIP 15″ and 18″ “Natural Series” crashes.
- China: Zildjian 19″ “K Series”.
- Ride: UFIP 20″ “Natural Series”.
- Toms: Gretsch USA Maple 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″, one set of samples tuned for a bop sound and another set for a rock sound
- Cowbell: Meinl 8” “Original Realplayer” steelbell
Limitations: Aerodrums cannot be used to drum outdoors in daylight. Aerodrums uses a light that can seem very bright in low light environments, paper sunglasses are included to protect your eyes when needed.
Write Your Own Review
There are no products matching the selection.