Carvin BX700 700w Bass Amp Head
Carvin BX700 700w Bass Amp Head
The popular BX500 bass head has evolved into the BX700, featuring a new sleek design that incorporates panel lighting. Its broad tonal shaping capability comes from a CLASS A preamp, 3 EQ sections and 12AX7 tube. Beneath the sharply dressed exterior, the BX700 has unsurpassed tonal qualities along with greater power to help you get the perfect performance. Its lightweight, premium features and rugged construction, including the exclusive "lock-in" AC cord, will make the BX700 an indispensable part of your rig for years to come. Sleek Contoured Look
A rich red burgundy recessed front control panel is set into a sturdy aluminum contoured black enclosure. The white-line black knobs offer excellent contrast for decor and high control visibility making it easy to visualize your settings, and with the panel lit LEDs, the visibility is only enhanced in dark environments. A rackmount kit is available for installation in a standard 2RU rack.
High Headroom Tube Driven Power Amp
The high output BX700 produces 300w RMS at 8 ohm, 550w at 4 ohm or 700w at 2 ohm. The BX700 uses three different transparent limiters to maintain its high headroom to assure ultra clean power for concert venues. For added warmth, simply engage the internal 12AX7 TUBE that utilize two stages that precede the power amp for added tube tone. The front panel single knob COMPRESSOR adjusts the peaks for your style of playing. String slapping is no problem with a simple turn of the knob giving you full control over heavy notes.
The DRIVE control adjusts the input level to the CLASS A preamps along with compensating for the input sensitivity of various bass pickups. The DRIVE will add harmonic content to your sound when approaching 10 on the dial, which pushes the CLASS A preamps into a sweet overdrive.
Endless EQ and Tone Control
The BX700 feature three EQ and tone control sections: The single knob CONTOUR is an adjustable preset for the EQ section that offers a flat setting when turned off. When turned up, the contour knob brings in a ?mid-scoop? to eliminate the "mud" in the mids, extending the bass and highs. The tone control section is a powerful 4-BAND TONE SYSTEM with two sweepable mid controls that offer parametric frequency changes with boost or cut to the LOW MIDS and HI MIDS along with conventional BASS and TREBLE controls. The third EQ section is a 9-BAND GRAPHIC EQ with defined frequencies for bass sculpting, which is activated by the front switch or the optional FS22 footswitch for solo tone or alternate bass presets.
The direct out features a DI LEVEL control and PRE/POST switch on the front panel controlling the XLR bal output on the rear. The PRE setting is buffered directly to the XLR from the first stages of the preamp. The POST setting includes the EQ and EFFECTS LOOP bypassing the MASTER LEVEL. This enables level changes without affecting the XLR output. The XLR is muted by the MUTE switch. The GROUND LIFT switch next to XLR helps isolate hum to the recording or PA console. Other
- MASTER level controls the overall level
- ACTIVE/PASSIVE switch tailors the input for different bass outputs
- MUTE switch can be engaged for quick bass changes, which is also controlled by the optional FS22 footswitch
- TUNER output jack will drive HEADPHONES and is independent of the MUTE switch
- EFFECTS LOOP is designed for external processors. The Graphic EQ is post Effect Loop so the effects is included in the final tone shaping
- Your choice of SPEAKER OUTPUTS include a high current SPEAKON or standard 1/4" connector
- 94% efficient CLASS D output delivers high current for continuous 2 ohm operation for cool running, plus uses less AC power from the wall
- Switch mode power supply operates at 210,000 Hz delivering maximum efficiency while reducing heat and weight
- Variable speed fan runs silently while at low speeds
- Construction features solid metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings
- Circuit boards are MIL SPEC, double sided, FR-4 glass epoxy
- Auto-switching AC input functions for either 120V 60 Hz or 240V 50 Hz
- Exclusive AC cord features a "lock-in" function to prevent accidental cord disconnect
The BX700 is designed and built by Carvin in the USA.
OUTPUT POWER: 8 Ohms: 300w, 4 Ohms: 550w, 2 Ohms: 700w (with 2 ohm switch)
OUTPUT MODE: high efficiency CLASS D technology
POWER SUPPLY: high frequency switching - FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/- 1 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz amplifier sections
DAMPING FACTOR: >300
PREAMP: 3 stage CLASS A
PREAMP TUBE: 12AX7 switchable in/out?
INPUT IMPEDANCE: >200Kohms
ACTIVE/PASSIVE Input Jack: 10 dB gain switch - accommodates all basses
CONTOUR control: Flat to -15 dB at 500 Hz
BASS/TREBLE CONTROLS: +/-12 dB at 50 Hz & +/-12 dB at 10kHz
LOW MID Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 50 to 500 Hz
HI MID Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 200 to 2kHz ?
GRAPHIC EQ: 9 band +/- 10 dB @ 50,80,125,250,500,800,1.3k,2.6k,5k
COMPRESSOR/LIMITER: up to 3:1 compression ratio, convenient one knob control
DI OUT with Pre/Post switch: -50 to +4 dBu adjustable, DC isolated XLR bal output ?
EFFECTS LOOP: -10dBV, buffered
SOFT START: gradually turns on the amp to prevent surges that can trip circuit breakers
PROTECTION: speakers, over current, under voltage and thermal
AC VOLTAGE: 90-250V, 50-60 Hz - Power Requirements: 150VA
Dimensions: 3.25" high (with feet) X 14.0" wide X 9" deep
Net Weight: 5.9 lbs. net (2.65 kgs)
WARRANTY: 1 year parts and labor
Made in the USA
Write Your Own Review
There are no products matching the selection.