Get the thrill and play the Epiphone B.B.King Lucille today at Macron Music today!
When B.B. King made his first recordings for Sam Phillips’ Memphis Recording Services, King was initially known as a talented vocalist and in fact didn’t always play lead guitar on his early records. But that would all change by the mid ‘50s as King and his guitar, nicknamed Lucille, became the voice of the blues.
With hits like “Rock Me Baby,” “Sweet Little Angel,” “Sweet Sixteen,” and “The Thrill Is Gone,” King put the blues on the Top 40 charts, made himself and Lucille household names, became the first blues artist signed to a major label, and with his singular vocal and guitar style, was an inspiration to a mighty generation of blues and rock artists including Otis Rush, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Michael Bloomfield, Duane Allman, and Magic Sam.
King’s singular tone has everything you’d want to hear in electric blues guitar—a bell-like ring with a hint of overdrive, soaring highs and gritty lows, and all driven home by King’s mighty left hand tremolo. The Epiphone B. B. King Lucille was designed by B. B. King himself and puts all the tone and nuance of King’s own favorite guitar in your hands.
As with all Epiphones, Lucille comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee and 24/7/365 Gibson Customer Service.
- Designed with B.B. King
- Classic VariTone™control
- Mono and stereo output
- TP-6 fine tuning bridge
Click here for more information
- Body Maple
- Neck Hard maple, glued, hand-set
- Scale Length 24.75”
- Nut width 1.68”
- Fingerboard 22 medium jumbo frets
- Headstock Sloped dovewing with pearloid “Lucille” inlay
- Pickups 2 Classic Alnico Humbuckers
- Electronics Vari-Tone™
- Position 1 Bypass
- Position 2 5db at 1950 Hz
- Position 3 12db at 1100 Hz
- Position 4 15db at 620 Hz
- Position 5 18.5db at 360 Hz
- Position 6 21db at 120 Hz
- Outputs 1/4” mono (both pickups or neck pickup in Stereo Mode and 1/ 4” Stereo (bridge pickup)
- Controls 2-volume, 2-tone
- Inlay Pearloid, block
- Bridge Lock-Tone™ Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece TP-6 fine tuning bridge
- Hardware Gold
- Machine Heads Grover®
- Colour Ebony (EB)
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%) 9.0 lbs
- Strings D’Addario® 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46