Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 25 Watt 1 x 12" Black Combo
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 25 Watt 1 x 12" Black Combo
Like its original two channel forefathers, this Recto keeps things straight-ahead and easy to navigate. This generation features two footswitchable Channels that each contain two Modes and while it looks basic and drives easy, a world of stylistic versatility lives within these two simple rows of controls. The top channel, Channel 1, focuses on rhythm sounds, both clean and overdriven.
The CLEAN Mode delivers sparkling, big-headroom rhythm sounds that breathe with rich, warm air on the bottom end. When driven to clip and combined with the 10-Watt Power setting, this Mode misbehaves with real attitude and shines for urgent, yet soulful, Blues solo sounds and furry Rock rhythm. PUSHED aptly describes what to do with the second Mode in Channel one and here you'll find the next region of gain. With a more stripped EQ and just enough added drive, PUSHED invites aggressive Rock rhythm and Crunch styles to the party and even taunts your mid-gain solo work, especially in the 10-Watt Power setting.
Channel 2 features the iconic Recto high gain sounds in both their faces, the iconic liquid wall of VINTAGE and the aggressive fury of MODERN. VINTAGE excels at thick, high gain chording and single note soloing with an elastic feel and a broad harmonic spread. It has a looser, more organic sound and the overdrive drapes itself around the notes creating a huge, three-dimensional image.
VINTAGE solo work is further enhanced by the 10-Watt Power position. Here, the attack envelope changes and becomes rounder and more voice-like, while upper harmonics recede slightly to create single note sounds of true beauty. VINTAGE and 10-Watt compliment each other in ways that will open new doors for the Recto that were previously open only to more "well behaved" or "cultured" amps. It may also open wide the eyes of current big-power Recto owners who experience for the first time, what this power range/wiring style does for a sound they had typecast. This is a new and exciting face of Recto and it will surely expand its stylistic footprint.
MODERN is the opposite in every way. This aggressive Mode comes right at you "maybe even for you" with stunning attack and a hi-mid bump that keeps things percussive and tracking with hyper-accuracy. It is almost hard to believe that this amount of gain can be infused and yet still deliver a response especially in bass frequencies with this much speed and definition. But this is pure Recto and MODERN contributes an equal part to achieving its status as the other most recorded sound in Rock. Needless to say, MODERN is all about all things Heavy and Metal. And while this sound is best demonstrated using the 25-Watt Power setting, be sure not to typecast MODERN too quickly.
Using the 10-Watt Power setting to sweeten the mids and soften the attack here, shows another side to MODERN that's more forgiving and vocal, creating a great alternate solo voice with a little more punch and dynamic content. We keep saying it, but it's hard to overstate the value, effectiveness and stylistic "power" of the Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power switches. These dedicated wattage range choices unveil different power characteristics and colors so they are really power "voicing" switches as well.
In this Recto, the choice of EL84 power tubes with their amazing clip characteristics, prompted us to explore the different wiring schemes possible. This experimentation led to the 10-Watt Power Mode being wired for Triode operation. This more vintage wiring scheme sweetens and rounds out the sound, turning what might otherwise be a lower volume version of the same voice, into more "soulful" Recto experience. Use the 25-Watt setting for its bold attack, tight tracking low end, increased definition and all out headroom. This setting works great with all the sounds and certainly showcases the mightiness in this little Rectifier, shocking unsuspecting players and bystanders alike with power and sonic size. But any time you need to tame this little beast and put a vintage patina of warmth and silkiness around things kick down to 10-Watts and enjoy a whole new and different world of Recto expression.
Jumping around to the Rear Panel, you are met with a lesson in elegant simplicity. Nothing here but the essentials... AC Power Socket, Main Fuse, the Loop, External Reverb Switch jack, REVERB Controls and the Speaker Outputs. While this stands in stark contrast to many other MESA models, including the Recto-Verb's big power Recto brothers, it was a decision based on stylistic, genre-appropriate traditions and not a cost-cutting road to a price point. In fact, many fans have requested simpler feature sets from us over the years and this format is the perfect arena for this conceptual downscaling.
The all-tube, fully buffered effects loop on the Recto-Verb 25 is wired in Series to provide added flexibility and ease of use. Most importantly, we designed the Loop circuit for TONE! Mesa/Boogie actually invented the concept of incorporating an "FX Loop" into a guitar amplifier decades ago and we've worked tirelessly to perfect it. It's important that the Loop enhances the overall tone of an amp rather than detract.
STANDARD FINISH: BLACK TAURUS • CHOICE OF CREAM & BLACK WEAVE GRILLE OR BLACK JUTE GRILLE Custom Designed AND Handcrafted Exclusively in Petaluma, California.
- All Tube Amplifier: 2 x EL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance Patented Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Mesa’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ technology providing two power levels with different wiring configurations via independent 10/25 Watt Power Switches
- Choose from: 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 Watts or; 2 tubes operating in Mesa’s exclusive Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity, producing 25 Watts 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes
- Channel 1 features: Clean or Pushed Modes with Multi-Watt™ Power Switch (10/25 Watts) and Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master Controls
- Channel 2 features: Legendary Vintage or Modern High Gain Modes with Multi-Watt™ Power Switch (10/25 Watts) and Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master Controls All-Tube, Long-Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel) All-Tube, Fully Buffered FX Loop
- Aluminum Chassis External Switching Jack for Reverb
- 1 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2)
- Slip Cover
- WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS: Head (Dimensions: 7 1/2" H x 17 1/2" W x 9" D – Weight 19 lbs.)
- Rackmount Head (Dimensions: 6 7/8" H x 19" W (w/ rack ears) or 17 1/8" W (w/o rack ears) x 9 1/2" D– Weight 17 lbs.)
- 1x12 Combo (Dimensions: 17" H x 19" W x 11" D – Weight 41 lbs.)
- 12” Fillmore 75 Speaker
Write Your Own Review
There are no products matching the selection.