Strymon El Capistan Tape Echo Pedal
Make 4 interest-free payments of $124.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Due to a power supply recall all Strymon pedals are currently shipping without power supplies. The power supplies will be sent to all customers that purchase a pedal during this period once the issue has been rectified. Please note this issue does not affect Strymon Power Bricks or The OB-1 Pedal.
The Strymon El Capistan Tape Echo Pedal is the best tape echo emulation pedal on the market. Don't worry about carrying around a full size tape echo unit! This pedal has everything and more than a real tape echo/delay has. El Capistan provides three different tape machine types in one, each with three unique modes. With ten parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over tape quality, machine health and tone shaping. Go from the sound of a pristine, studio-quality tape machine to the heavily fluctuating sound of a machine in need of service. Get the full bodied sound of fresh tape all the way to the gnarled qualities of worn out tape. Because it's DSP driven, you get a range of tape experiences unattainable with a traditional tape machine. All of this without the headaches of tape machine maintenance and repair! Five "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking:Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut. Just hold Tap and Bypass simultaneously to access the secondary features. Your 5-knob El Capistan is really a 10-knob tape echo!
- Hand crafted dTape algorithms deliver meticulous and nuanced recreations of tape echo systems.
- Three tape machines in one: Fixed (one fixed playback head), Multi (multiple playback heads), and Single (sliding record head)
- Each tape machine has three modes for extremely flexible echo options
- Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
- Five "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Sound on Sound mode with instant tape splice and bulk erase. A built-in tape-style looper!
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor